Four Points Board
A meeting of the Four Points by Sheraton Advisory Board took place in Washington DC on May 10 & 11 2006. An overview of the meeting is as follows:
Four Points by Sheraton
Advisory Board Meeting - Washington DC May 10 & 11
ASFONA were represented at the Four Points by Sheraton Advisory Board Meeting at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel in Washington DC on May 10 & 11 2006.
- Hoyt Harper - SVP Four Points by Sheraton
- Lynne Dougherty - SVP Owner Relations
- Sandy Swider -VP Four Points by Sheraton
- Kristina Vetta - Senior Brand Manager
- The Design & Marketing Team
- John Shingler - President
- Hung Luk - Vice Presidenr & Secretary
THE ADVISORY BOARD:
State of the Brand – Hoyt Harper
- Significant RevPar increases for the brand had been achieved this year.
- The development Pipeline is the best the brand has ever recorded.
- GSI scores year on year have improved in every category.
- StarGuest Responses were shared and discussed by the group.
Design Update – Lara Shortall
The 3-D Model Imagery Boards of the two new model rooms and the prototype hotel were presented. It was noted that this was a work in progress. The group provided Lara and Hoyt with valuable feedback.
Four Points by Sheraton – Signage Program – Hoyt Harper
- All hotels are required to have the new signage by June 30th 2008.
- A matrix showing the cost criteria was distributed and discussed.
Four Points by Sheraton – Property Economic Model – Hoyt Harper
The line item cost associated with the development of a Four Points by Sheraton was shared with the group.
Food & Beverage – Pete Lesser
Updates given on the following:
- Seattle’s Best Coffee.
- Best Brews Program.
- Four Pies Program.
Centralized Procurement Services – Pete Lesser
The Procurement proposal was presented to the group.
The brand will be testing the program at the following hotels: Four Points by Sheraton – Los Angels Airport – Miami Beech – Washington DC – Portland East – Norwood – Cagual Real.
Brand Initiatives Update – Sandy Swider
Sandy presented the latest updates and conclusions on the following:
- Bathroom Amenities.
Brand Standards – 2006 Initiatives and Key Dates – Kristina Vetter
Kristina presented fourteen different brand initiatives and the key dates for the implementation of each. This was followed by a further Brand Initiative “Brain Storming Session”.
Field Marketing – Dave Marr & Peter Mack
Dave and Peter presented the Web Site marketing opportunities and the impressive success ratio's being achieved to date. Hotels really MUST sign up for this.
Revenue Management – Raul Moronta
The results of this very successful program were shared with the group and Raul confirmed that increases to his staffing levels had taken place. Hotels really must sign up with this program where the results speak for themselves.
The goal must be to drive much - much more incremental business to the brand.
Four Points by Sheraton as a brand MUST have initiatives in the market place to deliver significant incremental business to ALL Four Points by Sheraton hotels.